Travel Smart, Green, Eco Policy
We, at Juulchin World Tours believe that sustainable tourism development of the 21st century must be addressed with the highest priority. Responsible travel is the best way to promote, appreciate and respect the local environment and culture. All our tours are specially designed to give travelers the experience of encountering local nomads. Our ancestors taught us a deep respect for the environment because they believed every object in the nature is precious. With this same respect, we conduct our business with environmentally sensitivity; especially in out national parks and wildlife reserves. We are careful to preserve Mongolia's civilization and cultural heritage.
We always supply as many of our products and services from local nomads as possible including hiring local guides and wranglers, renting horses, camels and yaks, buying meats and dairy products and supporting crafts makers. Travelling with Juulchin World Tours will support nomads in the rural areas and contribute positively to the livelihoods of herders in the countryside. We therefore encourage our clients to be active participants and supporters of our following responsible, green and travel smart concepts.
Learn about the country and its culture
- Remember that each regions in Mongolia is unique
- Be aware of religious and social customs
- Dress and behave respectfully especially in religious and cultural areas
- Learn key words in Mongolian
- Respect the dignity and privacy of others – ask before taking photos
Travel environmentally friendly
- Dispose of rubbish carefully, reuse your drink bottles in the countryside or use your own
- reusable water bottles
- Be aware that dropping dairy products and rubbish in the rivers which is prohibited in Mongolia
- Keep all your cigarette butts with you and be careful while you are smoking in wilderness areas.
- Please keep a single road during your expeditions in the countryside
- Be aware that not disturbing wildlife
- Please do not buy prehistoric dinosaur fossils, petrified trees and stones
- Respect locals' sacred mountains, rivers, landmarks, customs, traditions and values
Travel socially friendly
- Always initiative to purchase local products, arts and crafts in order to generate cash for the locals
- Please consume locally produced foods and vegetables as much as possible
- Be supportive to the locally owned tour operators and tourist camps
- We encourage our clients to participate in the activity not only observing them
- All our are guides, drivers and staffs at the tourist camps are locals so we do create many job opportunities
On-going projects :
- Gobi Mazaalai Foundation
- Wildlife Protection Foundation
- Tree planting project against desertification
- We take pride in contributing a significant amount of money to the protection of these animals. Everyone who travels with us proudly becomes our partner in these conservation activities.